May 25th 2021 / General Stone Care
Everything You Need to Know About Gemstone Countertops
If pricing is not a significant issue for you, then getting gemstone countertops would offer you a beautifully unique style. When you don't limit yourself when it comes to paying a premium, you'll end up with breathtaking countertops that you'll fall in love with every time you look at them. A lot of people are considering semi-precious gemstones and adding them to their kitchen and bathroom countertops. We'll look at what gemstone countertops are and how you can take care of them.
What Are Gemstone Countertops?
These types of countertops are usually made from malachite, agate, tiger's eye, and amethyst. They're chosen based on their unique size, coloring, and shape. After being chosen, the gemstones are bound together with resin to create an outstanding countertop. The countertops have real gems that are believed to have mood-altering as well as metaphysical properties. It's a belief with some people that the type of gemstone you choose can change the way you feel and think.
This belief is backed by scientific evidence that proves colors impact your emotions; an example is that red tends to put you on edge, and blue tends to be a calming color. With gemstone countertops, you'll be able to add a nice punch of color to your kitchen and bathroom. They're excellent for stain resistance and are extremely durable too. The countertops are nonporous and scratch-resistant. Another good thing is you won't have a hard time cleaning them at all.
What Options Are Available for Gemstone Countertops?
There are a variety of options available when it comes to gemstone countertops. The following are some of the top options available:
- Brown Agate - It has polar crystals. They're the polar opposite of the blue in blue agate. You'll enjoy a soothing and calming effect when you use it on your countertops. It's believed to improve your quality of life and bring you prosperity.
- Blue Agate - This is one of the most popular types of agate countertops. It's gorgeous, warms up your space, and balances out the energy. Blue agate works well with backsplashes and backlighted countertops because of its translucency.
- White Crystal Agate - When you want an elegant appearance for your countertop, this is an attractive choice. Besides evoking luxury, it also makes your bathroom or kitchen bright and airy. It includes subtle patterns, therefore, works remarkably well for a minimalistic look.
- Amethyst - This is a purple crystal that includes vibrant colors and beautiful texture alternatives. It's believed to spark creativity and also protects you from psychic and poison entities.
- Malachite - It's from Madagascar and includes different variations of green with gold or silver accents. The vibrant green colors are notable for enhancing digestive health and absorbs negative energies. The stone creates a wonderful sense of luxury on your countertops.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Gemstone Countertops?
Like other products, you should consider some pros and cons before deciding to buy the countertops.
- They're very durable and long-lasting countertops. Despite being costly, they'll serve you for a long time.
- These materials are environmentally friendly and create less waste than other countertops.
- People love them for their unique qualities and beautiful appearance. They'll make your kitchen and bathroom unforgettable.
- The gemstone countertops are stunning, but the main con is that they're expensive. It's possible for you to pay over $100 per square foot.
How To Care for Gemstone Countertops
You care for them the same way you care for engineered quartz countertops. You only need non-abrasive, antibacterial microfiber cleaning cloths or pH-neutral cleaners to clean them. To prevent staining, you should wipe spills immediately. If there are stains, use small amounts of baking soda and water to clean and wipe with a soft, absorbent cloth. Use a damp cloth to wipe your countertops clean after use. Try to avoid using dish detergent because it makes the countertops dull.
One of the best products you should consider using to clean your gemstone countertops is the Bath & Shower Deluxe Kit.It's a mold and mildew remover. It also safely dissolves soaps and mineral deposits from natural stone, fiberglass, and tile. If your countertop has dingy and unsanitary soap scum or hard water deposits, the non-acid chemicals it's made of will easily dissolve all that. You won't need to do any harsh scrubbing; it cleans up effortlessly. The product is safe and highly effective.